Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Zucchini Bread



I am in love - with Zucchini - this wonderful fruit (I swear it is a fruit) see so yourself
it is versatile! Lately I have made Zucchini Cakes which I hope to attempt again very soon and this time it be a success. You can make pie (another recipe I plan to attempt soon - my aunt made it last year for a family crop and it was wonderful), bake it with some garlic and EVOO to serve as a side dish, cut up and eat it raw with some salt so so much you can do with it. My wonderful neighbor brought me one over recently out of their garden and went straight for the kitchen to make some Zucchini Bread.
I used a recipe which I found on allrecipes and it turned out wonderful!!!!! You can find it here
I doubled the recipe and instead of adding nuts I added 1 cup of mini chocolate chips. Doubling the recipe gave me 3 regular size loaves and 2 mini loaves. I unfortunately gave all but one mini-loaf away and now I am out =( I think I will be going next door very soon to get another zucchini to make some more and this time I will freeze it for hubby and I.

No comments: