Monday, July 21, 2008

Iced Coffee


I have a confession to make - I am addicted to iced coffee.

It all started a few weeks ago when my friend Becca said she was going to go to McDonalds for an iced coffee at lunch. I was convinced that I did not like iced coffee - I had never actually tried it but I sure has heck didn't like it when my coffee got cold and that is basically the same right - boy was I wrong.

Just to prove me wrong she grabbed me one. It was - okay. It was better than I thought it would be but I could take it or leave it. So she told me that I should try the Vanilla at McDonald's - so I did. Again could take it or leave it. But then....... I had the BK Joe at Burger King - oh my goodness where have you been all of my life?!?!? Now this, this is truly wonderful - heaven in a cup is how I described it to my hubby!

Now just to make sure that I wasn't missing anything else truly wonderful I had to try Starbucks - I mean the coffee god had to have a better iced coffee than a fast food joint - I mean, right? So hub and I both got an iced vanilla latte - better than McDonalds but still not the BK Joe!! Not even close! Since I had been talking about this wonderful coffee concoction for so long hubby finally had to try it and see if I did indeed know what I was talking about. So I ran up to BK and 9 minutes later he knew that this was by far the best iced coffee out there!

Then he tossed his cookies - err coffee - because he drank it to fast - amateur =)


So since I now have to have my fix nearly every day and I am a girl on a rather limited - okay maybe not limited but not wanting to spend $2.09 a day on my new habit - I had to come up with my own! I started with the coffee and went from there - adding what I thought would give me that creamy coffee w/ a hint of chocolate. Started at 1/4 a cup of the half and half and ice cream but wasn't quite enough then added another 1/4 of each. Still needed something so added the sweet-n-low and vanilla and viola - a wonderful cup of iced coffee!
Iced Coffee
1 cup cold black coffee - I used what was left in the pot from this morning
1/2 cup half and half
1/2 cup vanilla ice cream (I used Turkey Hill light Vanilla Bean)
2 sweet-n-lows
very small drizzle of vanilla extract
2 medium squirts of Hershey's Chocolate syrup
Put this all in a blender, pulse till smooth - pour over ice - top with whipped cream and more syrup if you wish and enjoy!


No comments: