Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July!!

Seeming that we have had a bit of a mess on our hands outside - we had to replace our drain tile.
I haven't had much time for cooking but of course had to make something festive for the holiday!My mom and dad were having a big forth of July party this year and I decided to use all my skills from the Cup Cake class I took last month to make some scrumptious cupcakes. I got this idea from Katie's Blog but changed it up a tad. Instead of the cereal I just went for chocolate frosting. I also used a food writer for the lady bug. I used a *gasp* box mix and frosting for this.
I made the leaves with tip 352.

Even though those cup cakes were too darn cut, I also needed something to celebrate the 4th of July! This turned out so cute and was super easy!! I used tip 1M for the icing and tip 18 for the stars. These were marble cupcakes w/ a chocolate pudding filling inside using tip 230. A nice little surprise.
And just because I had a ton of batter left I also did some chocolate mini cup cakes. Iced with tip 22. I just love how they turn out when you ice with a decorating bag and tip rather than just slathering it on with a spatula! All of these cupcakes were a hit - especially by my cousin 2 1/2 year old Joel who had at least 6! Not sure what his parents were thinking =)
All of these cupcakes were a hit - especially by my cousin 2 1/2 year old Joel who had at least 6! Not sure what his parents were thinking =)

No comments: