Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Buffalo Chicken Lasgna

Sounds different I know and the thought of putting tomato sauce with buffalo sauce didn't seem right to me either - but it is! Has a nice little kick but not too much so even your big baby of a husband (when it comes to spicy things) can eat it without crying! Can't say that for the Fiesta dip that I made to watch the football game! Even my Mom didn't' complain about it and he did - geez!

Sorry, no pictures of this one – we had a bit of a windstorm that knocked a branch onto a power line and then caught on fire. Was very interesting to see but also made no good lighting available for picture taking!
Thankfully the lasagna was pretty much done and I had just put the cheese on and popped it back into the oven when the power went out! Turned out pretty darn good! Not to bad for your waist line either – figuring it out on sparkrecipes.com shows it to be 365 calories per serving with 30 grams of protein!
My changes are noted in blue

12 Whole Wheat Lasagna Noodles, uncooked – I used regular lasagna noodles
1 lb. Skinless Chicken Breast – I used 2 decent sized breasts
3 Cups Hunt’s Four Cheese Spaghetti Sauce
1 Cup Very Mild Buffalo Wing Sauce
1 1/2 Cups Water – I only used about 1 ¼ cup
15 oz. Nonfat Ricotta Cheese
1/2 Cup Egg Substitute
9 Slices 2% Pepperjack Cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Cook chicken over medium high heat for 4 minutes or until almost done. I wanted more of a shredded chicken so I baked mine, let them cool a bit and then cut up very small – put back into the pan and Stir in sauces and water. In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese and egg substitute. Spray a 9X13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1 Cup of sauce in the bottom of pan. Arrange 4 noodles over the sauce. Spread more sauce, then a layer of ricotta mixture. I found it a lot easier to do the ricotta and then the sauce Add another layer of sauce, and repeat the whole process until you end with a layer of sauce. Cover and bake 70 minutes. Uncover and place cheese slices on top, then bake for another 15 minutes uncovered.
Let stand 10-15 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 large servings

No comments: